» ABOUT US » Functions
The main functions of CCSEA are:
- Registration of establishments conducting animal experimentation or breeding of animals for this purpose.
- Selection and assignment of nominees for the Institutional Animal Ethics Committees of the registered establishments.
- Approval of Animal House Facilities on the basis of reports of inspections conducted by CCSEA.
- Permission for conducting experiments involving use of animals.
- Action against establishments in case of established violation of any legal norm/stipulation.
- Conduct of Training Programmes for the Nominees of CCSEA.
- Conduct / Support of Conference / workshop on Animal Ethics.